F150 missing once in gear

I have a 2000 F150 with a 5.4L starts good idles fine soon as it's in gear engine stalls and overdrive light starts blinking.
Also quick acceleration while in park causes missing and overdrive light to start blinking. Fuel pressure seems to be good.
Checked codes but have to many codes to trust accuracy, the ones that concern me are P1747 Pressure control short Circuit,
P0755 Shift sol B malfunction, P0743 TCC System Electrial. Other areas were EVAP and all O2 sensors have faults.

Appreciate any help!

oldtimer53

If you have an ignition related miss, such as a failing coil or plug boot, then the 'mill' lamp should flash. And you should get a code like p0300 or p0301-p0308. One instance of a miss won't set the light on, My brother's F150 showed almost 400 events in memory before it finally set the mil lamp. By then it had bunrt a perfect pin hole through the #4 plug boot, and the miss became continuous.

Pestco1

Might want to post in trans forum. Sounds like the converter is locked and bogs down the motor, making it stall.

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
If it is making the od light blink then there will be a code stored, although you may need to use a "trans capable scanner" to read the exact code. Just for the record... the "MLPS" switch (Neutral Switch) is a chronic and very common problem. Pull the connector and look for green fuzzys inside, replace it from the dealer only. You might wish to do this anyway even if it is clean. This switch can cause everything from engine miss and stall outs to trans problems including extreme cases of burn up. Check and clean any ground connection but don't disconnect the battery until you have the codes. Catch the codes and post back, Transman

Just a thought. years ago I had an f-150 or 250 4wd come in that would run perfectly in neutral or park,however,once you put it in drive, it sputter and die. The problem-transmission fluid filter had come loose somehow and was barely on causing cavitation transmission.Replaced with new filter and oil and it ran like a charm.(filter was a push-in type) hope this helps.If not there are plenty of pros in this forum that can help you. Best regards, Thomas T

Re: F150 missing once in gear

fixed Finally got around to checking problem. The truck belongs to a friend of mine starting telling him about the advice
you guys were giving me. Turns out he was hooking up his boat trailer and popped a fuse. While checking fuses he put
one in an unused location and it was for the transmission. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!

GOOD JOB IRONHEAD!!!!!!