fumes from 2002 freightliner

hi everyone. I have a problem and can't seem to find an answer.
I have a 2002 freightliner century that pour fumes into the truck cab from the a/c vents.
I've had several mechanics look at the truck and they cant find anything,
we've replaced the air filters, manifold gaskets, checked the entire exhaust pipe for leaks, nothing seems to tell us what is wrong.
anyone ever have this sort of problem and or have any ideas where to look next for this leak.
I'm getting tired of having my eyes and lungs burn just so I can stay warm on the road at night.
thanks.

thanks for the reply.
my defroster works as it should, as well as the heater.
I may have a blower motor problem or just electrical.
setting #3 does not work when i place the switch on 3.
sometimes the radio will short out, and of course the blower shuts off.
my radio shorting out does not happen all the time, usually only when i just start the truck after its been off awhile.
oh and the fumes only come through the front vents not the ones in the bunk if that makes a difference.

I'm going to guess it is a MBE 4000 engine. The manifolds leak all the time on these engines. There is a new gasket style out. Helps for a little while. Need to put an extension on your breather tube to the front of the left air tank. put in a charcoal air filter in your hvac unit behind the engine air filter. Check for soot anywhere on engine on right side. Leaks at joints on manifold most the time but gets too hot to have soot marks on it. Hope this helps.

H

Harold

You are not being told the truth, since 1997 with the fresh air intake design under the hood was installed theres a flaw. I ve been through it, anything under the hood tat isn't sealing, exhaust, egr cooler seals, blowby, Take a napkin dampen with you toung wipe vent fins see if you get black soot, then open hood wipe top of freshair intake screen compare the soot marks, theres a lot to this.

WallysTrucks

Semi Retired
Is this happening when you are parked at a truck stop or going down the hiway? Try putting the air control on recirculate or turn the fresh air control off. The sleeper does not use outside air so it is probley coming from under the hood or from other trucks at a truck stop. So use the recirculate control so not to bring in outside air into the cab. If it gets to stuffy open a window a little.