Model
All
Year
Every
Miles
Doesn't matter
Engine
Gas, Diesel, Electric, Nuclear
Memorial Day isn't just another day. It's one to be thankful for the sacrifice of millions who made the life we enjoy today possible.

jd

Wish I'd noticed you're in NORCAL. I had family near SAC for awhile and did some visiting with web friends.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
One thing I hate about memorial day in canada, is that this day is strung along together with canada day. I think we should, out of respect for the fallen and those who still serve, celebrate each day separate.

By having memorial day on Canada day lessens the impact of sacrifice of our veterans and those who still serve.

Canada has always been a fighter of freedom and has never flinched from trying to make the world a more livable place. Some USA jock nuts will say stupid stuff about canucks, but we sure have our place right up there with you guy's in the courage dept.

Canada has always fought with honor and a broken bank. Serving with sub par equipment, torys and liberals muddling politcs, yet sticking with it and fighting along side americans as brothers.

I think it is a shame we do not share a common memorial day, as we have fought a few wars together, for what most ppl think is a common goal.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Also, another piss me off, our memorial day is first and foremost for the provinces of newfoundland and labrador. This is like saying quebec, ontario, Saskatchewan, BC, alberta. nova scotia and alberta never sent brave men and now women to fight.

Three good friends I knew from high school and almost served with came back and blew their heads off after seeing the mess bosnia made in their subconscience. I was the same age as them, I enlisted for technician in aero nautical and was accepted. But declined cuz my GF at the time did not speak english and did not want to move to ontario where I was to go through basics and officer training via universty in borden ontario. That was in 1992. I was given a choice some folks in the USA don't have, which was to enlist, or just keep on having a better life. All three of those guy's were from the valcartier regiment. Many more also had the same fate. We sent 2000+ guy's into a combat zone with impossible odds of peackeeping. The horror those guy's saw, across all canadian regiments was devastating.

Canada is great that way. But those guy's went to fight an unwinnable conflict. One of peacekeeping. One which should be included in our own nation wide memorial day.

It somewhat sickens my stomach when I hear some feeble minded ppl saying this army is better than that army and what not.

In my book, any country that stands up for the rights of sovereignty, self righteous rule from dictatorship derserves a memorial day whatever the numbers of fallen.

Food for thought, they are still dying for freedom. One RIP among others.
, https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/440339/soldat-mort

Last edited:

jd

Bon Ami NickB2, I was remiss in NOT mentioning our committed ally to the North. Canadians have stood with USA and other more publicized friends.

I'm sorry to read your frustration, but you and your countrymen/women are NOT forgotten.

Reading in more detail, "Peacekeeping" requires a Peace TO Keep. All too often, USA has ignored that axiom. From what I understand, Police fear response to "Domestic Dispute" beyond Robberies, etc. Parties too likely to ignore their differences and unite against the "Peacekeeper."

Ha, six years in the military celebrated Memorial day by having a long parade in class A uniforms on a very hot day.

Sure received a very fat Buyer's Guide loaded with Memorial Day sales, guess this how we are suppose to celebrate it.

Ha, if I show my vet card, no discount on sale items, only on retail, but thanks for serving my country.

Choice at 18 years of age was to serve or go to jail, not as bad as other countries, would be executed, neither side has no choice. But a lot of bitterness occurs it that enemy family members were killed. In the meantime the guys that start these wars live in absolute comfort and in most cases even let go free, Emperor of Japan for example.

Don't think like this when 18, sure do when you get older.