Great service from Snap-on and Mac

Discussion in 'Automotive Products' started by nickb2, Aug 25, 2016.

1. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    I wanted to post this here for some ppl that may knock Snap-on and Mac tools.

I live in a region where we don't see those trucks so often.

So I had some tools I needed replacing. I didn't quite know how to go about it. I called the service dept of both companies.

I explained my problem. They just asked for the product code #'s.

From snap on, I received a brand spanking new F80 ratchet, best one they ever made in my opinion, a 3/8 10mm deep impact socket, a 1/2 drive 1 inch deep impact socket. All came via purolator, no questions asked, no proof needed that they were broken. I thought they would only send me a gear kit for the ratchet. Wow, I was impressed. I am good for another 20yrs with that new ratchet, easy.

From Mac, I received a 19mm, 20mm, 21mm deep impact sockets. Arrived via UPS, again, no questions asked, no proof needed. They were rounded cuz of tire work. They were my first sockets I bought coming into this trade many yrs ago. My 20mm oddly gets alot of use. When the 19mm wheel lugs with a so called protective cover gets swollen I use the 20mm, when the 21mm lugs nuts loose the cover, I use the 20mm. So, anyway, they were so rounded out I needed new ones. Normally, my truck guy would not warranty them because they showed wear. Customer service didn't blink an eye. Just asked where to send them.

Again, good for another 20yrs or so.

Goes to show, when your an honest guy/worker and use a good base product, they will want you to come back and continue to buy their well made products.

So kudo's to Mac and Snap for standing by their product even if I didn't go through a truck dealer.

On a funny note. My first sticker that went on my tool chest became my third tattoo, with slight modification.

A tattoo, if you get one, should resemble who and what you are and stand for.

mac tool logo.jpg 37630_1422559976476_3970631_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. kev2

kev2 wrench

My only beef with those brands were the vendors - more fuckin excuses than a used car salesman.
    A broken macsnap socket is a broken socket -
    Life time and obsolete - should not be my problem .
    the alpha designator WTF its a macsnap it failed.
    I can purchase a special order in a week WHY does a replacement take any longer?

sorry for the rant....

3. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    That's right Kev, the truck vendors are like used car salesmen. That is not a rant, but a known fact. This was the first time I have ever called the service lines 800#'s direct. Wow! I was impressed.

And since I am on a go/roll, just got off the line with sears customer service. I also have a antique sears double line "V" 3/8 ratchet that has a failed quick release. This ratchet was made from 1965 to 1970. It gave out two years ago. http://alloy-artifacts.org/Photos/tools/craftsman_38dr_ratchet_qr_v_pat_f_cropped_inset2.jpg

The new they want to replace it with is now made in taiwan. Which apprently my local store does have on hand.

http://www.searsoutlet.com/3-8-in-D...drop-Ratchet/d/product_details.jsp?pid=12442&

So the guy on the help line said he will send me a gift card for 25$. So I can go buy the new replacement one.

Last time I went to the store to get that specific ratchet replaced, they said they would give me a new 3/8 ratchet, sure, no problem. The counter guy gives me a el=cheapo ratchet with no tear drop reverse and no quick release button. I looked at him and said you can put that right back on the shelf where you found it. I said to myself, that ratchet is only good for picking my nose. It looked something like this.

http://www.searsoutlet.com/3-8-in-D...t/d/product_details.jsp?pid=12333&mode=seeAll

Dealing with the customer service dept instead of my local ppl just seems to be working for me lately.

Internet has changed customer service in so many ways. The guy on the phone will send the gift card via hotmail and all I have to do is print it out and go buy a new tear drop one. I will probably buy the extended handle, flex head, tear drop one with the 25$ so I won't have to spend much for the added features.
    http://www.sears.com/craftsman-1-2-in-drive-flex-head-quick-release/p-00944816000P?rrec=true

At the same time, I will get the broken ratchet replaced with the el-cheapo one and give it to my GF with a cheap set of sockets I have lying around. She is constantly bugging me for my stuff. :eek:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  4. kev2

kev2 wrench

years ago sears used to work for me I would give the wife the bad tool - when she was at mall she would give to a sears associate in tools they would walk over pull that tool off the rack hand her that tool and an exchange slip she was DONE.. Done in sears anyway another 3 hours in the mall...

BUT that was at the same era as the snap on BS -