Make
Chevy
Model
suburban
Year
Miles
Engine
5.3L V8
I have a 1997 chevy suburban k1500 and the speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip meter, and the PRNDL indicator light all dont work at all.. they all went out at once so i dont think its a problem in the cluster but something electrical. everything else works fine. no engine codes, no blown fuses shifts gears fine etc. i think it may be the speed sensor but i dont want to replace it if it isnt broken. any thoughts guys?? Thanks!!

grcauto

Take the cluster out and solder all the grounds.

grcauto

My memory is a bit lacking on what did what but I do know that I've had good success with different problems with clusters that soldering fixed. I would solder everything except IC chips if they used them. If they did I would use a lighted magnifier and look for any cold solder joints at the IC chip. If I found any I would always be sure to use a heat sink on the leg to be soldered. You may get away with soldering an IC without using a heat sink but I learned the hard way that heat can destroy the chip. It takes less than a minute to clip a heat sink on a leg and it can save you from ruining an otherwise good chip.