Make
Chevy
Model
Malibu max LS V6
Year
Miles
Engine
3.5 L
Car shifts hard and speedometer stays at zero. It says the word error above shift indicator where the odemeter reading would normally be. An auto parts store scanned for codes and a high voltage on vehicle speed sensor code came up. The only other code was for an evap. I have a loss of power steering but I guess that's unrelated. Auto parts store printed some info off for me on testing and installing a output speed sensor that I think even I understand with my little experience. My question here is would it be a reasonable gamble to replace the $25 dollar sensor and see if that remedies my problem. Apparently there is also a input vehicle speed sensor as well that I know nothing about. There are several transmissions that came up for this car but only one kind of odd so would it be safe to assume that that one output sensor is compatible for all transmissions for this year make and model?

kev2

wrench
whats is the secret about ?
Post ALL the codes....

eddieguy

whats is the secret about ?
Post ALL the codes....
Not sure I follow. There were only 2 codes that the auto parts store told me they found and they were 1) high voltage on the vehicle s output speed sensor and another code that was evap code. I can go back or to another auto parts store and have them scan for codes to get the code number if that helps

eddieguy

Didn't mean to type the word odd in original post. I was trying to add the point that the store showed several transmissions for my car but only one kind of vehicle output speed sensor so I was figuring that be sensor would be applicable for the different transmissions for my make model & year

eddieguy

2 codes. 1) high voltage on vehicle speed sensor circuit. 2) evap code ( evap leak)