HYdraulic hoses

Any one know what kind of hose to use on hydraulic return line? hose which won't get hard & dry so the clam keep pressure around it. I am having problem to seal those return line so they stay dry. They seep oil 3-4 week after being snuged.
application= John deere loader, steering return line(hose with hose clam)
thank wrench

Worth giving your local NAPA a call, I find they usually get me exactly what I need for some of the industrial applications.

Ford_Dude

Ford_Dude said:
Worth giving your local NAPA a call, I find they usually get me exactly what I need for some of the industrial applications.

Ford_Dude
NAPA????????? I don't know up you way, but around here it's a big joke, indeed I send one get 3' of hydraulic hose 3/4" low pressure for return line, & the guy show up with heater hose & saying that's all they have!!! I put nylon air line on, will see how long it will stay.
wrench

Around our way they have pretty good people when it comes to parts on heavy equipment. Try advance auto parts and they don't know anything. I used to work for advance, then I moved on for more pay and less BS.

Ford_Dude

Wrench, how many wires in that hose you were trying to clamp? Diam and type of clamp may be useful too? Is the hose running next to high heat area?

No wire, rubber,cloth,rubber, I beleive a goodyear HR6 is the right hose to go there. The one used previously were hoose for auto tranny=(oil resistant??????)
The application: John deere loader 544C, powersteering return line,
2 of them are 3/8" ID, X 16", 1 is 3/4" X 6", location is under the floor, no heat source around.
clam are worm type, proper size,(NOT 2" ON 3/4").
thanks for schooling me.
wrench
+++++ a ny feedback on this: www.expandersystem.com ???

B

barney

"Aeroquip" hoses and fittings available? Seems to hold up well on liftgate hydraulic systems.

Well, 1 week after it seep again, could turn the hose on the steel tube & the hose was hard like well cooked. Replace with aeroquip & clam this time, will see.
wrench

WallysTrucks

Semi Retired
Sounds like you may be having power steering gear problems. Operate steering and check to see how hot the hose gets. Check the pressure line and see if it is the same temp. Remember that in hydraulics restriction causes heat.

Wally

WallysTrucks said:
Sounds like you may be having power steering gear problems. Operate steering and check to see how hot the hose gets. Check the pressure line and see if it is the same temp. Remember that in hydraulics restriction causes heat.

Wally
I have been having the same thoughts. Something is making heat when it shouldn't be.

i know this post is old but i came across this thread while looking for hydraulic hoses info, so i figure other people looking for information probably end up here pretty frequently too. so, in the interest of helping people find information, i'd like to say that if you're looking for various types of hydraulic hoses or advice about them, i've had good experience with a company called Gooding Rubber. here's a link to their site: hydraulic hoses

oh, looks like links don't work here. the website of the company i was referring to for hydraulic hoses is http://www.goodingrubber.com/