Inner axle shaft to tranny

GMC guy

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

Ford
Escape
ENGINE[/

Was taking righr axle off and whole shaft from tranny came out. When i put it all back together, it looked like it it leaked from tranny, where the inner shaft came outta tranny. Help!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
where the inner shaft came outta tranny
This is actually more common than most ppl think.

From my experience, the inner c-clip jams up and the new shaft that comes in the box has no new c-clip like back in the day. So if the shaft slipped out, you may not see it, but fluid will leak out. Investigate that.

GMC guy

It is a 6 cylinder engine, yes
Ok. But the axle shaft had a c clip yes, and it was badly jammed. It would not cone off. I removed the two 13 mm nuts that support the axle to inner shaft. Then the whole two pieces came out together.

The tranny fluid leaked out. And i had to cut the axle to inner shaft apart, as it would not come apart. Once i got that apart i installed the inner shaft and it seems like it still leaked a bit. I do not want to put it all back together as it may leak.

GMC guy

Ok. But the axle shaft had a c clip yes, and it was badly jammed. It would not cone off. I removed the two 13 mm nuts that support the axle to inner shaft. Then the whole two pieces came out together.

The tranny fluid leaked out. And i had to cut the axle to inner shaft apart, as it would not come apart. Once i got that apart i installed the inner shaft and it seems like it still leaked a bit. I do not want to put it all back together as it may leak.
And if there is supposed to be a c clamp on the inner shaft to tranny, i will check inside the tranny with a magnetic pick up tool.

GMC guy

And if there is supposed to be a c clamp on the inner shaft to tranny, i will check inside the tranny with a magnetic pick up tool.
I need to correct this. Is it actually the transfer case im connecting this inner shaft to.

GMC guy

Ok thank you guys. But what i need to know, is, is there a c clip on the end of that inner shaft to tranny? I know the axle needs a c clip, and i have reused the old one. There does not seem to be a leak at the tranny to output shaft. But before i put the vehicle in motion, i need to know if there is a c clip in there somewhere. I stuck a magnetic tool in there and found nothing.

Nothing to add because I so not know this trans......
Anyone know what it is a - 6F55? or something am I even close?

Always learning...

GMC guy

Hey thanks guys. There was no washer on that intermediate shaft. The vehicle does not leak any fluid once i put it back together. It is fixed!:fixed: