Home > Open Discussions > Import Vehicles > Kia Rio 2003 DLC pins assignment

Kia Rio 2003 DLC pins assignment

1. Did anybody knows the Ground and Engine test terminal pin on DLC because the vehicle which I worked with is different than the one posted in troublecode.net Kia code retreival diagram.
    Thanks!

2. I am worried - what are you trying to do here? Maybe get the system to display codes?

You should not 'jump' terminal pins on the DLC ....

3. Hey, here it is, don't know why you need it but heed Kev's advice.;) Screenshot (78).png

4. Might I ask, are you having connecting issues with the DLC connector to a scanner or code reader? Cuz you can"t just jump this connector and hope the check engine light will flash for you. It doesn't work like that for a 2003 kia.

Plz describe your issue and why you want the pin designations for the DLC, we will most assuredly be able to help you further.

Pin 16 on your DLC is 10 amp ECU power and grounds are pin 4 and 5 for the OBD2.

So, my question is, are you looking at the OBD2 connector or the manufacturer U-01 diagnostic connector?

Both are provided in the above snapshot.

5. SO, to make this simple, if you are in the hood, you are looking at the U-01 connector. Under dash, you are looking at the OBD2 port.

Here is a snapshot. Screenshot (79).png

6. Yes it is, that what I want to do.
    Initially I started looking for the OBD II connector under the dash but I missed it, so I looked up under the hood and found this DLC connector.
    Searching through the internet and found the diagram which shown shorted pins to retreive codes from MIL.
    THANKFULLY for your advise. Now I can start with scan tools instead. Thanks !!!

7. Hi kev2,

Yes it is, that what I want to do.
    Initially I started looking for the OBD II connector under the dash but I missed it, so I looked up under the hood and found this DLC connector.
    Searching through the internet and found the diagram which shown shorted pins to retreive codes from MIL.
    THANKFULLY for your advise. Now I can start with scan tools instead. Thanks !!!

9. Hi nickb2,

Thank You for your help, now I could working with OBD scan tools instead. THANKS !!!