MADMAN

Make
Chevrolet
Model
Blazer 4dr. 4wd
Year
Miles
Engine
Can anyone help with diagram of those routing? Or be able to tell me what the electrical / vacuum device is mounted on firewall, I followed line to a tee off near left don't fender from there it he's again and one line goes under and to no idea ( do yo) and one seems to just go into some type of plastic cover on backside of fender, above fenderwell? And have no idea what there either? Hoping for help for to replace the hoses but no idea where the go? thanks

Did you "click on the link" that I put in my previous reply? The harness goes four places...how many of those places can you determine?

MADMAN

Mine seems to go a little different, but the line going to transfer case vacuum switch in picture, would that be a electrical switch?

grcauto

Mine seems to go a little different, but the line going to transfer case vacuum switch in picture, would that be a electrical switch?
You don't have a problem with the tranfer case so forget that. Do you have a vacuum gauge....very inexpensive at auto parts store.....You need to check that the reservoir is holding vacuum. Report what it's doing. While you are at it get a manual....also very inexpensive.

EricC

Website
facebook.com
If you can follow the vacuum lines under the battery box, search for a leak there. One of GM's most easily avoided design flaws IMO.

ETA: it should be fairly straightforward to follow the vacuum line from the firewall back to source and find and repair the leak that way.

jd

ETA: it should be fairly straightforward to follow the vacuum line from the firewall back to source and find and repair the leak that way.
If you find an area where vacuum is being lost, but you can't get at it to fix it, follow what an auto electric guru taught me: If you know the Source, and you know the Destination, Don't worry about WHERE the break is - Just run a new line!
In this pic of our Ford Van, the RED line is original Engine Vacuum. The Tee/Check Valve and Vacuum Lines are new.
[ing] https://flic.kr/p/vjS2iv The Vacuum Tank marked ACME is also new, tucked where I found space. OEM tank and check valve were buried inside the HVAC cabinet. I wasn't gonna go in there, and Ford charges nearly $1000 to go in. My repair was well south of $25