Mustang engine swap

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am not wanting to be that guy, but here is a picture of same link I provided, this does not look like a bushing. That looks like a needle bearing.

And yes, after having worked so far up north, indeed, necessity is the mother of... some very homely children. Screenshot (214).png

jd

The prize we have to keep our eyes on still remains: Will this Donor Engine FIT? Not just engine mounts, accessory pads, etc. but that doggone clutch.
Do we have the VIN of the Donor Vehicle? Some of you remember TransMan. With a VIN, he was able to confirm the V10 in our Ford RV chassis was NOT equipped with heads that had risk of losing sparkplugs.

I wonder if it's time for some research like Ford parts manager, Ford vehicle enthusiast forum, etc. Gotta be an avid bunch of Mustang folks out there.

Auto shows on Discovery and Velocity are doing this kind of stuff all the time, what they don't mention with modications of this type is the cost of your insurance or even if you can get it covered. Would check on this first.

GMC guy

The tranny will not shift. If i shut it off, i can shift gears. Or if i shut the car off, push clutch and change gear. Start up and let clutch out, car goes. But cannot change gears....o_O

GMC guy

But you know, the tranny bolted together easily. If i had difficulty getting tranny shaft into flywheel and crank, i would have taken a look at it and corrected

GMC guy

Hey i didnt have shifting earlier. I pushed the hydraulic connector into the bell housing and it now shifts to all gears with engine running. And drives. Thank you all.

jd

OUTSTANDING! Congratulations!

Of all these pieces, did what you needed, fit directly, or did you have to do Mix and Match?

Which Clutch Kit did you use?

Again, WELL DONE!

GMC guy

Well, my sister was impatient and said she was stressed out when i mentioned new parts. So i put all old parts back in it to get it done. Shes happy as a pig in &$%#. Until the clutch goes....!

jd

Ah, Wives, Sisters, Daughters... Love'em all!

So it seems you can just order the clutch that car calls for and replace anytime. Good to know.

Thanks for that update!