mysterious moving lift chair

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by eddieguy, Nov 1, 2017.

1. eddieguy

eddieguy Sr. Member

My pops lift chair will move a little at a time until it is in the fully reclined position all on its own even with no one sitting in the chair or near the switch. I know its a great post for Halloween but its the truth. Had sunday dinner with my moms preacher and he wanted to take a nap before he returned for sunday eve service so i told him to recline in the chair but warned him that it had a history of moving on its own and he did say it moved with him resting in it and not touching the switch. It has not done it since the preach sat in it though. Had the makings of a horror movie- with the preachet in it, it was like the forces of good vs the forces of evil. at thosr times when no one is near it what could cause a making and breaking of a electrical connection? I could see if it were moving like a car or something in motion. First time chair moved on its own it kind of freaked me out lol

2. Mobile Dan

Mobile Dan wrench

If you have "switched outlets" near the chair, you might want to plug it into a "switched" outlet so that the chair only has power when the room light is switched on. Safety first!
    What brand and model is the chair? Wireless remote?

3. dabunk

dabunk wrench

Home Page:
    Maybe had demons and preach exercised them?