Need a vacuum hose that goes from the filler neck to the gas tank...

jr31

Make
Ford
Model
Ranger
Year
Miles
Engine
3.0L V6
The rubber vacuum hose that goes from the filler neck to the gas tank is dry rotted. Does anyone know a part number, or where I might be able to purchase a replacement? Our local parts stores can't seem to understand what I'm asking for? I've looked around rockauto and I can't find one there either? Please help before I do something stupid like put a section of garden hose in there.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Just ask for common "Fuel/Vapor Hose", it comes by-the-foot in many ID sizes (1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16")

Plenty of fuel filler tubes on the internet, show an attached pipe with a nipple on it, must be another nipple on the tank, just find a neoprene fuel line that fits it.

Others used a steel tube that would rust out, welded to the filler no choice but to replace the entire filler for a couple of hundred bucks.

big al

Its a vent hose for filling, it allows the vapors and pressure to escape while filling. Our local parts store actually sells it many different sizes (actual filler neck diameter and vent diameter). Ask for filler neck vent hose ( has a thick green stripe on it)