Need Help

I have a 2002 S-10 Pickup 4WD 4. 3L 5 spd throwing a PO1345 code I can't find any info on this code any one with any idea please

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
This code comes from the computer seeing the distributor is out of adjustment and you will need access to a scan tool to check/adjust. Has the distributor been removed for any reason? Poor grounds can also pop this code so check all your ground connections especially at the battery (corrosion). Post back with results, Transman

As far as I know the dist. has never been removed, I will check all grounds thanks will post results

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
You didn't mention how many miles are on this engine. It is possible that normal wear at the distributor gear has taken the spec out of range and might just need to be adjusted. The scanner will help here also. Has it just recently been tuned up? Does it need a tune-up? Transman

wap

GO MOUNTAINEERS
I ran across this one time, but in an Astro Van. Same engine, same distributor setup. This distributor uses a pickup/cam sensor. The code was P1345, and we changed the cam position/pick up module in distributor at the customers request, and re-aligned. 2 weeks later, same code. Only after pulling the distributor, did we discover that the distributor shaft was actually warped slightly. The customer later explained that he got the engine really hot because he was 3 quarts low of oil. Don't know how much that had to do with what we found in the distributor shaft, but it couldn't have helped matters. Kind of felt like I was listening to 'Paul Harvey's: The rest of the Story.' Replaced distributor, problem resolved. Transman is right to say that if distributor has been removed, for any reason like for a new intake manifold gasket, it will require re-aligning the distributor. Reman distributor around $90 exchange. Just curious, but does it have any other codes present? ANY other work done to the engine?

the engine has close to 250,000 on it the only other code is PO404 i think its an Evap code someone disconnected alot of the Evap system at the gas tank because they said it wouldn't take gas so they disconnected it and it took gas just another thing to fix along with the 4x4

speedy2890

W/204,000 i would be checking the timing chain for play. Take the timing mark on the harmonic balancer to 0 and then pull the dist. cap, mark where its at and have somebody watch it closely. Turn the crankshaft very slowly counter clockwise until the rotor just starts to move. That is the play in the timing chain if its over 1/4" then that will set the code too.

I have to add this list some are so simple to check I would feel bad NOT adding the simple stupid....# 2 ,#4

Diagnostic Aids
Check for the following items:

1)A loose or missing distributor hold down bolt
2)A loose CMP sensor causing a variance in the sensor signal
3)An incorrectly installed distributor--1 tooth OFF in either advance or retard positions
4)A loose distributor rotor on the distributor shaft
5)Excessive free play in the timing chain and gear assembly

got it fixed bushing was out in the dist. must have been like That for some time the dist gear was almost completely gone razor teeth if you know what i mean thank for all the help probably be posting again with a 4X4 problem if i can't figure it out again thanks to all who posted