Make
Ford
Model
Taurus
Year
Miles
Engine
V6
"05 Taurus. Just bought it today, but no owner's manual for it. Found a couple for 2004 on EBay , but no "05.(used). Found some new ones, but too darn expensive Would those two years be the same? Have a couple more questions about different issue with it, but will post those in separate threads. Thanks ahead of time. Haven't chatted with you guys in quite a while.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Unless you were looking where to buy one. I think the above pdf is the next best thing, you can save it to your cell phone also. I'm sure there is an app for PDF's in those smart phones 99.9% of ppl own.

The only time I actually need a ford owners manual is when I need fuse and relay allocation and locations. So if I were you, and didn't want to spend money on 248 pages of printed paper in my glove box, just print out those pages concerning what you may need in an emergency if your like me and don't own a smart phone cuz you don't want to be a slave to those darns things.

I think the term smart phone is an oxymoron. If they make us dumber, does that make the phone smart?

Last edited:
Yeah nickb2, it's the fuses that I need to know. The windshield washer ( front) doesn't work. Wipers work fine, but thought maybe there's a separate fuse with the washer motor on it. Looks like to get to the washer bottle, the right front tire must be removed, and the inner-panel removed to access the bottle. T save all that work, I figure the fuse is the best place to start.

grcauto

Yeah nickb2, it's the fuses that I need to know. The windshield washer ( front) doesn't work. Wipers work fine, but thought maybe there's a separate fuse with the washer motor on it. Looks like to get to the washer bottle, the right front tire must be removed, and the inner-panel removed to access the bottle. T save all that work, I figure the fuse is the best place to start.
Several other things powered through that fuse like the cluster, mirror, compass etc. If you're not having other problems it's likely the motor is toast.

I managed, after a lot of cussing, to get the washer bottle out of the car. Practically had to dismantle the right side of the car. I put 12v right to the motor terminals and got nothing. BUT I also put some pins in the female plug and connected my test light to them, and couldn't get it to light when I hit the spray button., but I cannot be 100% sure I had good contact there. Takes two people to do this right, but with no-one close to me here, I gotta do it all by my 71yr old self!!!

grcauto

I managed, after a lot of cussing, to get the washer bottle out of the car. Practically had to dismantle the right side of the car. I put 12v right to the motor terminals and got nothing. BUT I also put some pins in the female plug and connected my test light to them, and couldn't get it to light when I hit the spray button., but I cannot be 100% sure I had good contact there. Takes two people to do this right, but with no-one close to me here, I gotta do it all by my 71yr old self!!!
You know the motor is bad so I would just replace it. More than likely your feed is OK. If not we'll figure that out after pump motor replacement.

Pump is ordered. The only two electrical items not working is the pump and the cruise control. That' is why i was hoping they may have been grouped onto the same fuse.

grcauto

Pump is ordered. The only two electrical items not working is the pump and the cruise control. That' is why i was hoping they may have been grouped onto the same fuse.
Does the light for the cruise control illuminate when turned on?

grcauto

Check the vacuum lines going to the servo. That's the devise that has a cable going to the throttle body.
BTW is there a switch on the end of the master cylinder?

The washers work fine now. It was the pump. No switch on the end of the master cyl Doesn't seem to be any leaks in the vacuum line, but I'll go over it again very thoroughly.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I gotta ask, does the horn work? Cuz I can't ever remember buying a car and checking if horn worked only to find out it doesn't work at worst possible moment when I need to be heard but pounding on horn pad is useless. I have bought a few with cruise that had problems, most of them were on off switch or brake pedal switch, but numerous times on client cars, when a complaint was no cruise. First thing I do is try the horn, if that works, you can usually rule out the clock spring. I did say usually.

Nothing is impossible in this trade. If your clock spring is shot, you can't have cruise. Everything switch related and signal return to servo passes through that. So if horn and cruise don't work, highly suspect the clock spring. Although not unheard of, usually both system do not fail at same time unless clock spring went south to mexico where it was probably made.;)

But like I said, try the code sequencing first. Timeout is quick, so read procedure a few times first to make sure you understand it right as you have a five second time out I think I read.

Last edited: