need owner's manual for '05 Ford Taurus

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, I think I warped this thread enough. I will follow more closely without any further involvement. Other ppl here with vast skills have yet to help.

Without further ado, I love this violinist/singer. What a talent across the horizon.

Guys, a quick update on my A/C issue: I came down with a nasty ass cold, and couldn't make my appointment at the garage. Might be while until I can re-schedule it.

Nick, for some reason I was unable to print or even copy and paste those instructions you posted here for the cruise diagnostics. I wrote them down. Here's what I did......Held the "off", turned the ign to "run". It flashed once, indicating it was in the diagnostic mode. I then released "off", and within 5 seconds of each move I hit "on", then "resume", then "coast", then "set/accel". NOTHING flashed at all. That's as far as I took it this time. Does that tell us anything?

grcauto

Ok I'll try to be a bit faster on my next attempt
After it enters the diagnostic mode you have to press the buttons in sequence and the light should flash after each than do the next right away. Until the last is pushed.

Last edited:
OK I did the diagnostic "turn on" then did the switch sequence within 5 secs total. After pressing each switch, the "cruise" light flashed once. There were no multiple flashes. Next move??

grcauto

Does the cruise light come on when you activate it? If not it may be a brake switch. There's a brake switch on the 05 Focus and it may be similar. These are a common failure much like the later brake switvhes on the end of the master cylinder.
I found this video on the Focus. See if it helps.

When I hit "on" I don't see anything, but when I then hit "set" the cruise light lights up on the dash. Hitting the brake pedal turns it back off. Plus, as above, all the flashes when doing the diagnostics, flash as they should.

It has a switch of some kind mounted right on the brake pedal arm, then a green one that looks like the one in your pic. BUT if my cruise light is on, and Ii hit the brake, the light goes out. Wouldn't that tell me the switch is working?

grcauto

It has a switch of some kind mounted right on the brake pedal arm, then a green one that looks like the one in your pic. BUT if my cruise light is on, and Ii hit the brake, the light goes out. Wouldn't that tell me the switch is working?
Is it possible these switches are sending an off and on signal. In other words there's a connection made to one side of the switch when the brake pedal is in the up position and another made when pedal is depressed. How many wires go to the switch? I've seen these kinds of switches used in different systems but have no memory of this model. If you had a wiring diagram would be easy to tell.

Last edited: