need owner's manual for '05 Ford Taurus

Right beside the master cyl rez. It has a cable that connects to the throttle body. The other end of that cable is visible just below the hand in the pic.
1541388358191.png

grcauto

At the risk of sounding dumber than I already am, what does the servo look like, located?
The servo is the module that has the cable going to the throttle. The tests that passed were all the switch tests. I'm not sure but I think the tests ask to see if the cable moves during a part of the test. Did that happen? If the cable moved and all the switches to operate it have passed there's not much left in the system. Did the test have you hit the brake pedal?

Didn't get to see if the cable moved after the switch tests. Kinda hard to do some of this by myself. I'll check on this stuff in the next day or two.

Ok, I think I warped this thread enough. I will follow more closely without any further involvement. Other ppl here with vast skills have yet to help.

Without further ado, I love this violinist/singer. What a talent across the horizon.
Nick, I think she's one of the sexiest gals alive!! Did you happen to see her on Dancing With the Stars? Fantastic dancer

Well, guys, it's with red face and head held low that I have to report the cruise issue is solved. The damn cable from the servo to the throttle was not connected. Works great now. If any of you who helped me, point a finger this way and laugh uncontrollably, you will NOT get your Christmas gifts!!!:giveup::fixed:

Now if I can get that damn A/C working,, my big issues will be solved. That puts me at only one small issue remaining. The rear defroster is not "hitting" on all the grids. Need to know if there's a way to repair them, or do I have to throw a brick through the window, and get a new on under my comprehensive policy?

grcauto

Now if I can get that damn A/C working,, my big issues will be solved. That puts me at only one small issue remaining. The rear defroster is not "hitting" on all the grids. Need to know if there's a way to repair them, or do I have to throw a brick through the window, and get a new on under my comprehensive policy?
I think the brick sounds about right, There was a method to fix breaks in the heater strips but if the strip has bad spots you had to use a special type of needle that allowed you to take resistance tests from point to point and you would cut out the bad section(s) and tape in new with a special tool. Been many years since I've done anything with that stuff. There's new stuff that I hear works OK but I have not used it although it looks to be similar to the stuff I used 20+ years ago. Here's a place that has kits for under $20.

Last edited:
I'll have to look around for someone who has steady nerves to help with that. I used to be able to do tedious stuff like that, but no more.