OTC 7649A fuel injector cleaner kit adapters

Discussion in 'Automotive Products' started by nickb2, May 4, 2017.

1. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    Ok, I am now officially pissed off at my distributor.

I bought a OTC fuel injection cleaning kit. It came with zero adapters. I was ok with that and told him to send me the most common ones. Such as ford and GM/Mopar.

I am in my 5th week of waiting and pestering my distributor and I keep hearing back order. WTF.

This is exactly what I bought. See snapshot. Like I said, box came with no, nada, zilch adatpers. I can't believe these can't be found in the province of quebec. I have a ton of vehicles waiting for some love in the injector dept and also need this kit to work as I used to use one exactly the same to help drive in cars and trucks with faulty fuel pumps. Which I see alot of here up north. This is an essential tool for me and I NEED those adapters.

Where can I find some?? I am willing to pay shipping if need be. I am simply tired of hearing back order.

My fuel injection pressure testing kit that I inherited here does not use the same adapter/shreader valve system. So no joy jerry rigging something to work for me.

I think robinair, bosch and OTC use the same style adapters.

Any help finding those would be nice. Screenshot (94).png

2. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    Ooops, read into that 8+ weeks on back order. Just found the receipt. I think I will call OTC client satisfaction tomorrow and give them a piece of my mind. Will also try to get a free update on my OTC/Bosch J2534 interface since the kit I bought came with no DVD/CD and had to buy a supposedly free software.

OTC has taken a steady drop since back in the day in that dept. What gives. Used to be a stand up company.

3. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

You are saying it came without the fittings ( about eight) shown in the picture? Tomorrow morning I'm going within a mile of the local place that is an OTC distributor, I'll inquire as to what is available.

4. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    Yes, no fittings, just the pressure container and the long hose. I fired off an e-mail last night to the OTC support team explaining my problems. I greatly appreciate your effort Billr, as I am nowhere near a OTC dealer. Thx.

5. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

No joy. They stock that stuff about 150 miles from me, and no clue as to whether the fittings are available separately; they gave me a phone number for OTC if you want me to look into it more. I see those kits are available from Amazon for about 200USD. I would be willing to order one to send to you, if you are desperate enough to go that route.

However, how would I get it to you efficiently? Does your sister still have any Air Canada connections that fly into OAK or SFO? We have a friend that returns to Toronto periodically, but it would be a real fluke if she is going that way soon.

6. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    Thx Billr. I contacted the OTC support and they said they will send me the adapters when I show proof of purchase. SO that is the route I will go from here.

Thx for taking the time to check that for me.

As for the J2534 interface, they said the software is no longer update-able. So that is a bummer. In essence, it is now just a deluxe J2534 pass through device. I wish the OTC supplier I used would have told me that at time of purchase. I would have invested more for a better coverage in the OBD2 software dept.