P0010 and P0020 code on Lumina Ls 2006

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by florante09jr, Aug 13, 2017.

1. florante09jr

florante09jr Newbie

Yes its Key On,Engine Off...your right billr this model have 2 actuator only.....and the harness is disconnected when I take the reading ... I didn't get any steady 12v supply.
    I double check all fuses and relays for ECM an all ok.
    Bank 1 and Bank 2 white wires are same line coz it has a continuity when I test it.Bank 1 violet wire have reading of (-) 9.28 and Bank 2 orangeblack have a reading of (-)9.29.
    I do check also battery connection positive and negative terminals thoroughly,..and it's fine.
    Yes harness is still connected to PCM...
    Thanks guys for the ideas..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. florante09jr

florante09jr Newbie

At idle it's ok,once I rev the engine @1500 rpm the check engine light appear...Hopefully we gonna solve this issue...thanks for those ideas Guys...Godless

3. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    Ok, this is beyond my self, I have to say something here, even if it pisses someone off.

First off, no amount of risolene is going to save those solenoids. This engine is going to have to do some serious mileage with a high end oil to get clean, change oil every 1000k or m, but just make sure you do not put a detergent in that engine. The engine will start making some funky noises due to clearances it hasn't seen in a while.

. Those actuators you took a pic of, clean them, ok, but wasting time and energy to get them clean, when you know they will surely fail in future.

Even if they ohm out ok, no oil going there buddy to actuate cam when small few oil ball bearings as we like to say in french, I don't think the english have a saying for that in slang.

But I think you guy's call it sludge, but the screens on those actuators are obscenely clogged.

Second, what is with the bad tape job right at the throttle plate with fly by wire on board?

Reminds me of a job I did up north. This suburban was a nightmare. Held together on a wish. I told the guy signing my paycheck that I would not weld that frame. It illegal and I can loose my class a ticket for your cheapness. I don't think so.

4. florante09jr

florante09jr Newbie

It's done guys thanks for sharing your ideas,the culprit for the 2 code is the oil due for long mile age that didn't change oil that keep blocking the oil passage in the actuator....a engine flush throughly will solve the issue..thanks guys..Godblesss