P0171 Code Toyota Corolla 2006

jd

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:Toyota
MODEL:Corolla CE 5-spd Manual
YEAR: 2006
MILES: 104000
ENGINE: 1.8 1ZZ
DESCRIBE ISSUE.... CEL came on today and Code is P0171. Bank 1 Too Lean. Code showed in both Logged and Pending. SFT1 fluctuates between +4 and -4 in Neutral. My BAFX OBD interface and Torque Lite don't display values for O2 sensor voltages Bank 1 Sensor 1 or Bank 1 Sensor 2. Simply "No Data."

This car's had no work done but Air Filter Replacement, Oil/Filter Changes, and New Front Brake Pads. It's due/overdue for Plugs and Wires, and I wouldn't object to replacing both O2 Sensors.

But I'd really appreciate your counsel before I just jump in and throw parts at it, even if they're due.

Also have NOT cleaned Throttle Body. Should I?

I cleared the Code, so we'll see how long it takes to come back. THANKS!!!

Make sure ductwork between air filter and engine is properly installed.

jd

Will do. Might not be till later tomorrow, then I'll send an update. THANKS!!!

jd

Here's a non-update... When I pulled codes I did a re-set, and it hasn't been back. I'll check the ducting for connection and damage, but things have come up that have kept me from doing it as promptly as I planned. I'll still do it.
Happy Friday!

jd

Just an update. Code has NOT returned, and inspection of the duct between Air Filter and Throttle Body (corrugated like a vacuum cleaner hose) appears intact. Its clamps are also tight.