p2401 code

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Darcy Ray, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Darcy Ray

Darcy Ray Newbie

It says the wiring has gone to ground but it looks good into the vehicle behind the bumper. I was thinking it may be a fuse but I can't find where the fuse is located.

2. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    Plz include make. model, year and engine displacement.

Darcy Ray likes this.
  3. Darcy Ray

Darcy Ray Newbie

It was a wire that was worn or eaten by rodents. I was lucky to find it on a 2008 BMW X3 E83/N52 model. The wire to the DMTL pump was chewed right through and I believe it was the power (white/red) wire. Connected it and all is well. Feeling very lucky considering I had already replaced the detection pump in the passenger wheel well and the tank purge valve behind the throttle body in the engine compartment. If I had to do it again I would remove all of the electrical wire on the exposed wire from the pump to where it enters the body behind the passenger rear bumper cover, check it very thoroughly, repair it and put a plastic cover on it where it's exposed. It would have saved me $300 including a new gas cap. Thanks for responding. Darcy

4. Darcy Ray

Darcy Ray Newbie

I meant to say remove the electrical TAPE on the wire. Should have spell checked first