PO269

I just replaced the head on my 6.0 liter the engine starts and sounds good on start up no misses after driving it for a while I am getting the code PO269 and sometimes it misses some sometimes it sounds like all cylinders are firing but does not run perfectly smooth not a dead miss but just a little off I feel that I could have a compression leak into the fuel system on number 3 as that is where the code is pointing me any help with this will be appreciated it also showed PO405 and PO12F I have not researched those codes yet I feel I need this on fixed before looking at others as this may make the others go away

billr

wrench
Staff member
I'm not sure, but there may be more than one manufacturer or style of 6.0 liter engines. Give us the make-model-year. Also, you my get better response if you post in the specific forum; like Domestics, Imports, or Heavy Equipment.

I'm not sure, but there may be more than one manufacturer or style of 6.0 liter engines. Give us the make-model-year. Also, you my get better response if you post in the specific forum; like Domestics, Imports, or Heavy Equipment.
2005 Ford F350

1st thoughts
vehicle is STOCK - no aftermarket BS - proms, chips - eleminators? All stock right.
Why did you remove head ?

look at freeze frame for data might be a clue, looking like an inj BUT knowing above abswers will help.
EOT needs to be stable during this testing MFDES AND P012F is an EOT issue.....
Trouble tree calls for fuel pressure test - why for 1 cyl IDK, but told you of next step

P0269 Cylinder #3 Contribution/Balance
P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low
P012F oil cooler efficiency...... TSB 09-24-3

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
For the code P012F, I am getting engine cooling temperature and engine oil temperature correlation. If that engine overheated, it may have aided in coding that 12F. A warm up drive cycle should be done while monitoring BOTH the EOT and the ECT sensor pid data with a live data capable scanner.

Compression should be taken before attempting to replace #3 injector, and a inj balance test is a MUST here also.

That head was replaced for a reason yet unknown to us. Op will hopefully give that reason soon.

While replacing that head, was a harness snagged, a connector for the egr mishandled, etc? It is a circuit fault after all. If not, it would have coded a performance code.

I saw a mention of a new oil cooler kit but no mention of that TSB. I will try to find it in it's entirety.

here is a snapshot for the P012F

Screenshot (18).png

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, found the TSB, very pertinent to your symptoms.

Great catch on that Kev2!!

See ACE 0 pdf

Tsb 09-24-3 is there. Also mentions some EGR concerns there as well as injector spool concerns and re-calibrations with IDS release versions 48.2 or higher.

Attachments