Poulan p3314

Discussion in 'Small Engines' started by rjh1, Oct 9, 2017.

1. rjh1

rjh1 Putting forth an effort to try and help others

poulan p3314 chain saw will start and run on choke only , has new carb and fuel lines and filter .. I have checked bottom end crank seal and resealed with ultra grey , it just won't idle ? did have it idling once but would not rev ? Help Please

2. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

This is a 2-stroke? Have you checked compression? It seems to me a 2-stroke would be very sensitive to blow-by due to a broken piston ring or similar.

3. rjh1

compression is fine , i have just a tick under 100 ... i have pulled the muff , and looked inside , and have also went as far as removing piston assy it's fine .. i'm thinking i may have the feed and return lines on wrong ... when it was idling the upper cover was not on just the air cleaner cover , when the upper cover went on it wouldn't even start ?

4. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

100 seems kind of low, but I sure don't know what the spec is for that engine. Have you inspected the reed-valve? Tried running with the cap off the tank? Was that truly a "new" carb, or just a different one? Was the strainer down at the end of the pickup tube in the tank cleaned/changed?

5. rjh1

It's all good ! fuel feed line on wrong port also return line back into tank had pin hole ... set carb at 2 turns each fired up runs then adjusted from there Thanks All !