Push Button Start

©hester

Anybody know how to bump an engine over with push button start?

©hester

No it starts. Remember the thumb operated push button switch we used to bump the engine to TDC? It was connected to the starter with the KOEO? Is there a KOEO option with a push to start button? This was the car we did the easy GDI service to. We wanted before and after pictures of valves.

The engine started several times before it stopped with the valves we were looking at in the open position.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Wow, a thread on how to get an engine to not start when you crank it! Just disconnect the CKP sensor, or pull the fuse for ignition, or pull the fuse for injectors, or... there are many ways.

grcauto

No it starts. Remember the thumb operated push button switch we used to bump the engine to TDC? It was connected to the starter with the KOEO? Is there a KOEO option with a push to start button? This was the car we did the easy GDI service to. We wanted before and after pictures of valves.

The engine started several times before it stopped with the valves we were looking at in the open position.
Not knowing what vehicle you are working on I was thinking you had a vehicle with the push button start on the dash. I have one of the remote bump starter tools. Can't remember how long it's been since I used it but at any rate, Billy has it right. Just unplug whatever is easiest to get to to disable it from starting and you'll be good to bump away. What are you working on? Is it easy enough to get the bump clipped on it? Some of these things are buried.