Random air conditioning blows hot air

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Chevrolet
MODEL: Trailblazer
YEAR: 2002
MILES: 165000
ENGINE: 4.2
DESCRIBE ISSUE....A/C random blows hot air.

2002 chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ

Electronic dual climate controls

Random A/C issue, 98° ambient going along @ 70mph blowing cold air

And for no reason blows hot air, blower speed & duct location did not change

Stopped & checked the fuses and relays in engine comp & in passenger compartment

Actually swapped each out with known good fuses and relays

At this time compressor was not activating & accumulator was not iced over

Continued on road trip & about 100 miles along A/C just started blowing cold air again.

When I got home I checked the charge with my Robin air 34788NI and found it to be low.02 ounces, so I recovered and recharged to spec. I read Alldata and found there is a low pressure switch tsb issue

Bought the AC Delco switch that is called out in the tsb for randon A/C issue switch did not fix the issue as several days later the A/C randomly blew hot air

I understand there is a HVAC program update but I cannot check it and dealer said bring it in and for $130 they would check it service guy was a bit of a jerk so I will call dealer where car was bought

I would think with the vin # any dealer could look it up?

This car was bought from the original owner & she said if there were any updates and the dealer notified her, updates were done.

I think this is one of those electrical gremlins

Any thoughts or help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

Thank you, yes I saw that and that was the irritating part when I called the dealer and all they wanted to do is charge $130 to tell if it is up to date. Do you know if a dealer can look it up or not?
thanks

if it was done by an authorized GM dealer it should be in the vehicle service history.
Any GM dealer can search vin # history.

IF and SHOULD are no guarantee -

GTG

Update so far 3 more dealers have said bring it in $130 to hook up. I think I am stuck with doing so just to be sure software is at correct level.
I will update when I get this part done.
Thanks