replacing outside water faucet on mobile home

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by eddieguy, Jun 13, 2017.

1. eddieguy

eddieguy Sr. Member

I need to replace an ouside faucet on my folks mobile home because it looks to have developed a crack durring a previous winter freeze. The cracks not visible in my pic because its on the opposite side and i had a hard time getting the camera angle with my tablet but you can see the bulge that the freeze caused. My question is since i dont have a crimping tool could i cut the old flexible tubing from the faucet and use some kind of quick connect that i can just push one end onto the flexible tubing ( water line ) and push the other end onto the end of the new faucet. I have used shark bite connectors before. The flexible grey tubing is a half inch- is there a faucet that would allow for this sort of connection? I tried to use a mirror to show the crack on opposite side but i dont think it showed well in pic but you still can see where the plastic fitting on flexible grey tubing connects to metal faucet 20170612_172402.jpg

2. marine6212

marine6212 Full Member

Aircraft mechanic
    Home Page:
    you should be able to go to local hardware store and pick up the plastic nut and (crush washers?) for the grey hose.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. marine6212

marine6212 Full Member

Aircraft mechanic
    Home Page:
    should look like these![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk