JP

Make
Pontiac
Model
Torrent
Year
Miles
Engine
I'm wondering about how much I should expect to pay to have a dealer or my local go-to guy reprogram the (whichever) module after replacing the occupancy seat sensor on the passenger side.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
40$ should do it.

Here is how. Screw local dealer. Do it yourself.

Crack is in setup in config file.

Need this for bi directional.

JP

Sadly, I don't have a Tech2. The MDI replaces the Tech2, yes? Plus software is needed as well?

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The MDI replaces the Tech2, yes? Plus software is needed as well?
Yes, and you can find good bundles on e bay or amazon that actually work. I have heard really good stuff on some of the china clones. I haven't bought one since I already have my pro autel. But I have used MDI in the scope of my work when working GM and also when I worked up north, But that was a green Bosch unit. But then again, bosch designed the original unit.

You have been around here for a while now. Maybe it is time you invest in a small investment. Half the stuff you can do with one of these is mind boggling once you get the hang of it. You can even change hex code. For who like chipping a diesel, this is a great option.

Bosch has discontinued the green MDI unit, so those can be had for a fraction of the cost they used to be. I loved the shop foreman pro software that came with it. Very well designed.

I am supposed to write a review on a wifi dongle that was sent to BAT auto. But that got lost in the mail so to speak to me. I just couldn;t be available in the daytime to pick up the unit. But it should get to my work place better.

But in that review, I may make some comparisons.

Having the tech2win app is amazing. Emulates very well. A few glitches here and there, but over all, for the price it does exactly what it says it will do, with the added benefit of having J2534 re flashing capability.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.

JP

Last edited: