Snap On Hand Held 5 Gas Analyzer

Discussion in 'Automotive Products' started by pepe, Dec 14, 2007.

1. pepe

pepe Newbie

Hi am in proccess of buying the Snap On Hand Held 5 gas analyzer and I just wanted some feedback about this unit who has used or owned this product. There are several other gas analyzer in the market but what I like about this one, it also has the A/F ratio option to read. Any information about this product will be great Thanks in advance.Pepe
    This picture is the 4 gas analyzer the other had no image but loooks just like it.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=78493&group_ID=20438&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

2. Bruce

Bruce Hero Member

A couple of questions that you might want to find out about before you purchase this.. on a 5 Gas there are two sensors.. the O2 and NOx.. these are consumables.. which means eventually they will need to be replaced.. on "most" handheld units the sensors are not replaceable without replacing the entire bench (board assembly).. chances are to have that done will cost from 1/2 to the purchase price of the unit.
    Question 1: What is the warranty period and is an extended warranty offered? At what price? What is covered?
    Question 2: Are the sensors available seperately? At what price? If not, what would the cost be to repair the unit?

Get the answers in writing..

In closing, Snap-On tools are fantastic products designed for professional use and deliver professional results...so they are a good choice. The handheld gas analyzers, that I have seen/used are prone to this design flaw. It would be a shame to have this wind up being "tool box filler" if the repair would be too expensive or not covered when the sensors fail.

Bruce

3. xfilesera

xfilesera Newbie

handheld units the sensors are not replaceable without replacing the entire bench (board assembly).. chances are to have that done will cost from 1/2 to the purchase price of the unit.

4. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    I would shy away from a hand held device, whilst agreeing Bruce, snap on is a great product.

I would like to know why you need this device? Is it for client use? If yes, go for it but contact your local snap truck for readily available parts for this particular model. Cuz you will need three or in stock if you have a good client base.

5. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

I get the feeling that recent post (to a really old thread) isn't from a real person; that it is from a "bot" trying to bypass scam filters by scabbing onto text from existing replies. I have seen similar in other threads recently.

6. nickb2

Diagnostic tech

OK on it Bill.:giveup:

7. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    :giveup:Now I feel stupid, did not see 2007:confused:

8. Jim Fairbanks

Jim Fairbanks wrench

2007 isn't that old of a post is it Nick....lol...Jim