tires squeal on blacktop surfaces

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by eddieguy, Jun 9, 2017.

1. eddieguy

eddieguy Sr. Member

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: plymouth
    MODEL: grand voyager
    YEAR: 2000
    MILES: 204,000
    ENGINE: 3.3
    DESCRIBE ISSUE.... my tires squeal when making turns have only noticed this on the black top surfaces in the mobile home community where i live i have not noticed this to happen anywhere else but i am going to seek out another blacktop surface and see what happens. I have some miss matched tires as far as brand and age. They seal the black top surface in the park every year and the roads are kind of bumpy in any car but i dont hear the squeal in other cars on this same blacktop surface. Would there be some kind of combination of this one blacktop surface and my tires that would cause this? Have not noticed this squeal on other surfaces but will look for other blacktops to see if they squeal. Squeals on both right and left turns

2. kev2

kev2 wrench

Only noticeable on that 1 location, I would say its the new black top -
    I agree with your idea of looking for other surfaces to compare, let us know..

3. dabunk

dabunk wrench

Home Page:
    Check your tire pressures

4. eddieguy

eddieguy Sr. Member

Im kinda late on this post but my findings are that there is very minimal if any real squeal on other blacktops- im suspecting they are not really resurfacing the blacktop but actually treating or sealing or something and maybe thats a cause but i dont know much about laying blacktop or how the road is prepared first tire pressures are all at 31 psi

5. JP

JP Hero Member

It's likely the blacktop surface, not the tires.

In my younger days, my reply would have been: "Cool!" :)