toyota c1413

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: toyota
MODEL: vios
YEAR:2009
MILES:
ENGINE: 1nz-fe
DESCRIBE ISSUE....
Hi I got 1 fault code C1413 Traction Control Valve LF Circuit Short To Battery. What does it mean? Anyone please help.

Trouble Code Conditions:
When any of the following is detected: 1. Momentary interruption of the sensor signal from the abnormal wheel occurs 255 times or more. 2. At vehicle speed of 20 km/h (12 mph) or more, noise occurs 75 times or more in sensor signal from a specific wheel for 5 seconds. 3. At vehicle speed of 10 km/h (6 mph) or more, noise input occurs once per rotor rotation for 15 seconds or more.

Possible Causes:

• * Front speed sensor RH/LH

• * Speed sensor circuit

• * Speed sensor rotor

• * Sensor installation

• * Brake actuator assembly (Skid control ECU)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, since this is a INZ-fe engine, I am going to assume this is like a yaris, would it have the X prefix, it would be a hybrid.

Also, this should be in the import forum, but hey, who cares really as long as the job gets done.

Please take note that the following information is for a canada/usa car.

Things might differ for your country.

Anyway, hope this helps. Just click on the ACE o pdf. It will white on black, but should be readable.

Also, if you do find a cut wire near the suspension table, I do not recommend just soldering the cut. I recommend you solder in a new wire far away from the flex points. ;)

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Also, can you tell us if the Vios is a sedan or hatchback? I think there may be a difference in wiring. Nothing vary major. But is this also a left or right side steering would also be nice to know. Some modules may be in different locations to a canada yaris.

Probably up to now, you realize this is a north american site, but I think we don't discriminate. It's just harder to find proper schematics for an import from another country.

I personally own a toyota echo 2003. I thank the gods above that it does not have ABS. I am a full time technician and do not wish to fuss on my own cars since I work day in and day out on other ppl's stuff.

Trouble Code Conditions:
When any of the following is detected: 1. Momentary interruption of the sensor signal from the abnormal wheel occurs 255 times or more. 2. At vehicle speed of 20 km/h (12 mph) or more, noise occurs 75 times or more in sensor signal from a specific wheel for 5 seconds. 3. At vehicle speed of 10 km/h (6 mph) or more, noise input occurs once per rotor rotation for 15 seconds or more.

Possible Causes:

• * Front speed sensor RH/LH

• * Speed sensor circuit

• * Speed sensor rotor

• * Sensor installation

• * Brake actuator assembly (Skid control ECU)
Is the speed sensor related to the Traction control valve?

Any other codes? I ask this because sometimes when there is a code related to emissions (like air/fuel ratio sensor), some other "false codes" may be created to turn on more warning lights to "get your attention".

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I will 100% second what Mobile Dan just wrote.

A misfire will often cause abs and trac lights to come on. Essentially, the ECM see a engine code and will disable other options.