Toyota corolla 2003 no crank.

My Toyota corolla does not crank, when i send power to the red wire in the ignition switch it cranks

• it does not crank with the key. just klicking relay behind glove box.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • where is the starter relay ??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks a lot guys. I gonna work on the fusebox tomorrow. I also bought a voltmeter.
Now with the diagram from the right fuse panel in the engine compartment i be able to check and do some continuity checks if possible. I also separate the black and white wires and trace them where ever they go. The problem is that i don't find the right schematic for the ignition circuit that shows where that black and white wire goes.
I think there was one earlier but i can't find it anymore. It would help a lot and possible safe me from taking half the damn car appart.
Thanks again for a your help.

Horst, lots of that fuse box info is inside the fuse box cover. You did not include a pic of that. By the way...those are awesome pics you posted. I bow to your camera skills.
I am trying to figure out how to post the schematics you need. But in the meantime I will restate "The BLK/white wires get hot when powered up? OK, are they both getting hot, or just one of them? I guess I am going to suggest cutting the one that gets hot, and then try to figure out if it is the injector power feed wire (simple), or the "every thing else" wire (complicated)."
And to say it again in a different way....One of those BL/wh wires goes to your injectors. It provides power for all the injectors. That is all it does. So, let's check that area by cutting the wire by the ignition switch that "gets hot when powered up"(uncomfortably warm to the touch) and see what happens to power wires at your injectors. Right there where you disconnected the connector when you changed that injector. I am assuming that only one of the two BL/wh wires by the ignition switch "gets hot when powered up"(uncomfortably warm to the touch) .

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, I am flustered on this account. So maybe a September car. Dan's last post is spot on with the high res pic the op posted.

Thx Bill, I will investigate for a 2002. Not at my house right now so no access to my stuff. But it seems to me I have been posting for a 2002 all along. If it is a canadian built 2002, I really don't see why my info is off grounds.

But that picture really shows a complete different fuse/relay box. And thx again for calming me down, dealing with family issues and they tend to make there way into my posts.

My uncle is terminal and my sister just lost her job at Air Canada. What else can go wrong. Christ on a bike.

Anyways, this site keeps me sane, somewhat!!?? At least I was good for something this morning, I installed 22 handles at my GF's house. Happy with the copper, better than the dollarrama plastic crap.

The holy grail when your down and out, just keep getting back up. This thread will end one day when the op checks out that wiring.

This diagram shows BL/wh wire ending at injectors. I may later try to get all three schematics in the same post, but I have customers waiting...

Attachments

billr

wrench
Staff member
No, NO, nickb2! It is a 2003 model, built early in 2002. Now that we know one BLK/WHT wire goes to the FP relay and one powers the injectors, let's hope we can resume forward progress.

Horst, in case there is still some confusion here about the model-year, find the emissions compliance label, usually on top of the radiator or on under side of hood. It should state that the vehicle meets 2003 emissions requirements.

Hello Everyone,

I was having the same problem. I have a 2003 Corolla LE, When i Turn the key, engine did not turn. I did all the tests, Replaced battery, Replaced starter, Checked ground wiring, Checked ignition, checked Relay in fuse box, Checked wiring, and the car would not start. I would come back 1 hour later and it would start like nothing happened. Drive to the store, and it would not work again.

The corolla came with remote start, so as a test i decided to disconnect the remote start feature. I am not sure if its after market or if its standard on all 2003 Corolla LE.

So far, It seems to have done the trick. The car is starting without a problem. So if you are having the same issue, I recommend disconnecting the auto start. I found the cables under the driver side Front panel. You can access the cables by getting on your back. You will need a flashlight.

I believe there are two things that was causing my problems. 1. The remote on my key chain was old, could have been sending a cross signal to the starter and not letting me start the car. 2. The antenna to the auto start has a red cable that is brittle and falling apart.

I hope this helps anyone who is having the same issue.