trans coolant lines

H

Harold the old

Got an 05 Pontiac Bonneville , one of the cooling lines to the radiator broke. I tried splicing the line but have developed a leak where the upper line goes into the transmission. It has what appears to be push in type fittings. I have ordered a new line and will replace. Whats the secret to the fittings, I am very old school and would prefer to thread them in and out but no luck here. Any help ?? do they just pop out using a light pry or do they have to be positioned a certain way and then twist out or ???? Thanx

bp042665

hunting nut
hi this is what i do you will see a plastic cover that hides a little small clip you pull it out and then pop the line out once out put the clip back in and then pop the line in

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am a bit anal about these gm fittings. With the amount of road salt we put on our roads up here in quebec, I usually replace those clips and o-rings or just simply by new fittings. They are cheap and GM holds them in stock always.

Anyways, if you want to re-use the old clips and o-rings, see ace 0. Crude drawing of how to replace them, pretty straight forward. Normally when they leak from the fitting, that o-ring is toast anyways.

The attached picture is for engine cooler fittings but are the same principle, if they look anything like those, new ones should be considered.

Attachments