Transmission defaults to drive and slips

grcauto

I was originally really thinking it was only electrical, especially when I found that bad range sensor. But the more I drive and test it, the more it looks like it's gotta come out.

Thanks for your comments.
If you are a half way decent shade tree mechanic you follow that guys videos and you can find a fix your problem and he will show you things that should be updated with new parts and how to tell if yours has the old part or not. He's a living encyclopedia on all things transmissions. Go subscribe to his You Tube and copy and paste the #12 post in a question to him and he'll tell you what the problem is and give you the link to where he shows how to fix it.

I watched that tear down a few days ago. I'm competent enough that I think I could do it. Other than posting on that video, is there another way to get a message to him that he'll see. I dont see any way when I subscribe to his channel to contact him.

grcauto

In the comments area under the video. You are going to need to tear it down and you'll likely find the 2nd clutch is burnt. You'll want to do all the bushings and get the transgo kit if it's not been updated to it already.