Trouble codes PO457

G

gino dinucci

PO457 PO325 Chrysles sebring 2004 2.7 eng

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
P0 codes are not manufacturer specific, a P04XX code usually means evap/emmision system. that P0357 is for knock sensor. Can you tell us if recent repairs have been done to this car?

You have 2 issues here that are unrelated. A knock sensor will not cause necessarily a P0457 code.

When you get a code like that, check gas cap, maybe fuel tank gaskets/lines leak. I am just wondering why the knock sensor is there. So to repeat myself, two unrelated problems.

How is drive-ability? Are you experiencing issues that you have not had before?

Post back, we will be happy to answer when more info is described. :thx

Here is a link I found on google, http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?searchType=global&N=0&Ntt=2004+Chrysler+Sebring+Knock+Sensorso you will know what to replace, but you must check wiring previously before throwing parts at this. I used to work for chrysler, knock sensors where not a huge problem, but have seen some fail, normally accompanied with stalling/etc. P04xxx code do not usually cause these types of issues.

If my memory serves right, these models had leak detection pumps, they failed often. Also the evap purge solenoid sticks open on almost all of these Chrysler products. I have replaced hundreds of them. So many, sometime my parts guy was back order on them :ROFL

kev2

wrench
P0457 is a unusual code to see alone- often there are other EVAP issues.
- did this happen after refuel or replaced gas cap?

the p0325 is a KS before we go chasing wiring isues- is there an exhaust leak? is engine making noise ticking knocking?

Do not use the key on key off trick to get codes WITHOUT also using a scanner

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I agree with kev2, a scanner is a must here, so you can activate purge solenoid, do a LDP test etc. But these are sophisticated scanner's and not easily bought on a tight budget.

If you have a couple grand in the bank you can get one, I highly suggest a respected shop. Cuz just a code say's nothing, Need a smoke machine and skill's and DVM, and know how to interpret graphing etc. And if you need emission testing in your state/province, not a easy job for the backyard mechanic. :idea: