Trying to identify aluminum block that joins trans lines on 2010 F-150...

Pete

Make
Ford
Model
F-150
Year
Miles
Engine
My friend has a 2010 F-150 that has a leak on a junction block that joins the trans lines together. It's leaking and I don't know what it's for nor can I find any part numbers on it. It may have a check valve in it, I'm not sure.
What I'd like to do is just join the trans line if all this thing is is a block to joint the trans lines during assembly but I can't be certain.
Anyone out there can give me some advice?
1FTEX1CWXAKE43852

Pete

Did I guess right?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Ford-OEM-Auto-Trans-Oil-Cooler-Thermostat-7L3Z7H322A-Image-4/1111135926

its a thermal bypass, closed when cold opens when hot, depending on climate I would remove, extreme cold regions I would replace it.
That's the momma! Yeah, we live in Wisconsin where it can get pretty cold so I reckin' I'll have to order one. I never would of guessed it to be that. I had a Crown Vic Police Interceptor and it had a cooler for everything and it didn't have one of those.
Thanks so very much for the reply. I am very grateful!

The reason Ford included the device is to get the transmission fluid to warm up quickly for better fuel mileage. I can think of two situations where it would be somewhat important.
1. Frigid temps and you want to jump in a frigid truck and back out of your driveway unto the interstate and immediately accelerate to highway speed.
2. Frigid temps and you want to jump in a frigid truck and back out of your driveway and then drive a short distance and shut off the truck before the radiator has a chance to warm up. Then wait four hours (until the engine is cold again) and drive another short distance and shut off the truck to allow the engine to cool again. If the trans fluid never gets warm, fuel mileage will suffer.

Pete

Soooo, just fuel mileage will suffer, noting else? As I said my Crown Vic didn't have that. Probably a different trans though BUT the trans in this F-150 uses synthetic fluid.
So sorry to bug ya but I need to be sure.

kev2

wrench
its cheap - lets not debate it replace it.

Wisconsin is not cold its F'in cold - I lived there 2 years.

Pete

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Got it. I'll replace it. What you don't like the chilly weather we have here? C'moooooon. It's downright balmy!
Thanks everyone. I am most grateful for all your help on this.