Weird intermittent humming noise coming from either inside or behind the dashboard area.

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by Cristino Cabrera, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Cristino Cabrera

Cristino Cabrera Newbie

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:Chevy
    MODEL:Silverdao 1500 4wd Crew cab
    YEAR:2012
    MILES:48,000
    ENGINE:5.3 LC9
    DESCRIBE ISSUE....
    My truck has a weird intermittent humming noise coming from either inside or behind the dashboard area? It only happens while driving around town at speeds between 15-45 mph. The sound goes away as soon as I let go off the pedal or whenever I step on the brakes and then comes back as soon I press on the gas pedal again. I've tried disconnecting both the Stereo and AC control panel and it still happens regardless. I've read about Hub bearings and worn out Brake pads and shoe but somehow I am pretty convinced that it's something else. Most of the times it sounds as if it's coming from somewhere behind the Radio or towards behind the glove compartment area. Any advise or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

2. kev2

kev2 wrench

first - vehicle is STOCK - all OEM radio etc?

there are two TSB's that sound possible and were easy to check/correct - worth a try.

Attached Files:

3. Cristino Cabrera

Cristino Cabrera Newbie

Yes, my truck is pretty much Stock with OEM radio with the exception of the 2" front suspension leveling kit that's on it right now. The noise is not that loud but I find it very annoying not knowing what's causing it. For the most part, I think it's either electrical or mechanical but really similar to a miniature electric motor sound.