mitsubishi
Model
Endeavor
Year
Miles
Engine
Hello,
2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor
118000 miles 3.8 automatic it needed a water pump so I did the repair including timing belt and tensioner and all accessory belts plus valve cover gaskets and tube seals.
I picked this car up a few weeks back and as I am going through it checking things out I found the wipers do not work on high but all other speeds are working, any thoughts on this is appreciated.
I have not had time to check anything out.

jigfeett

? Nobody has run into this situation?
I plan to do a little troubleshooting this weekend and will report back next week.

I was hoping maybe someone had the same issue but all my searches have been inconclusive.

I will start with Alldata and go from there and the basics to start.
Thanks

grcauto

Can you check the stalk switch is working? When you switch to high speed do they quit or just stay slow?

jigfeett

Hello, thank you.
I did not have time to check it but when I switch to high they stop.

grcauto

Easiest way to check this is the take and apply B+ to the y/r (yellow wire with red tracer) at the wiper motor connector. It should go to high speed. If not the motor needs to be replaced. Best place to start.

jigfeett

I did a little checking and found that the wipers do work on high if I hold the lever up but when turned to high they just stop.
I see on the diagram there is a switching relay in or around the front ecu, I tried a known good front ecu but there was no change.
At this time I can rule out a defective wiper motor.