01' Chev. Tahoe 5.3 dlpdlc1@msn.com

I have a engine code of P0332. Which is the #2 knock sensor. I checked the resistance's and they are up to specs. I replaced the #2 sensor. Did not remove the intake manifold. Rewired the new one and isolated it and grounded it to the engine. Once I cleared the code I could drive it for two or three hundred miles. Or when every I would need to stop and shut off engine. Such as refueling. Once I would restart and drive for 5 or 10 minutes the light would come back on. The engine does have the typical 45 second engine knock when cold. After it is warm no problem. Isolated the knock sensor to the firewall and the light still comes on. Definitely stumped. Can some one help me.

Did you replace front or rear knock sensor?
Did you use OEM cheec knock sensor?
Engine noise can set that code.
Read out pcm and see if you are getting any knock signals from engine.
Does it show any spark retard?
How did you change it without removing intake?

There is a TSB on that code.
2-06-04 023A

I rewired the rear knock sensor to a new sensor. Did' want to pull manifold and find out it did not solve them problem. I did not use a oem sensor. Mounted isolated sensor at different locations including the fire wall. Made sure I had a good ground. The spark timing did not show retard. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP1

You are welcome.
The cold knock could be setting the code.

Get the tsb.s on it and read it for more info on it.
Good Luck

Gus

wrench
Condition
Some customers may comment on a mild to severe engine ping (commonly referred to as spark knock), usually worse during acceleration and/or an illuminated MIL. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC P0332 set.

Cause
This condition may be the result of corrosion of the rear bank knock sensor due to water intrusion into the sensor cavity. This condition is more apparent on vehicles in which customers frequently wash the engine compartment.

Correction
Replace the rear bank knock sensor and build a dam (wall) around the sensor using RTV to divert water away from the sensor.