02 astro cargo brakes

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
If the BPMV is in any way suspect. Buy a new one. Once the seals get contaminated, the whole system will be suspect.

BPVM means/equals brake pressure modulator valve.

I really hope we won't be spending weeks on end for this, a son of one us wrenches lost his C series vette with a huge ABS problem and ended up with 2 or 3 M/C's later. His dad gave up.

Same system really.

;)

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@billr, not like you to bow out. I could not find the vette thread/abs one. So, @Bill, if he has a hard pedal, good to go. As you said.

Oops. forgot to say to check the 4WAL sensor.

Could be a class 2 communication problem.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@toolhawk, you may need to bear with me. I am french canadian and sometimes/often my french to english translation gets in the way.

After the rear abs module, check for a good ground and module can be bypassed there if memory serves right.

If you can, scan for any "U" codes.

I hope all this useless info helps. ;)

Anything with a "u" code will prevent the automatic bleed procedure. It's the nature of the beast.

4 modules are involved here. PCM/BCM and IPC (instrument panel clutser) and the rabs unit.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
More useless info.

Check step 4 of test description.

If anything is suspect, back to square one in the automatic bleeding sequence if no BUS/MUX is seen by J protocol.

Attachments

toolhawk

Ok !FIXED!!! This is how I did it with advice from brake mechanic, with vehicle running jab down on brakes sharply to activate abs several times, this activates valves in abs controller where air is trapped, bleed brakes normal way, made pedal much better , did this a second time and all is as it should be ! Thanks for all your imput !