02 F150 with blinking security light.

Charlesmac

Have 2002 F150 with 52k miles. It just shut off was taken to mechanic, they replaced pcm, and would not restart, came to me I scanned came up with P1639 vehicle id block corrupted not programed, finaly got running, lasted for two days, came back and fuel pump wasnt working, replaced fuel pump and now pump runs, vehicle cranks over but no start. The security light is blinking on and off, cannot get to give me any codes, can anybody give me ideal where to start at. tks in advance.

Charlesmac

Correction: it is the theft light blinking, not the security. Have contridiction on this thing some people say vats system, some say dosent mean anything, some say security system, all I know is it wont start and has steady rapid blinking theft light, and only occured after I installed a fuel pump in tank. tks again.

Jim Davis

I havent had to deal with this myself, but the central security module is grounded behind the kick panels on both sides of the cab and are prone to corrosion, a green bolt on each side behind the panels. also look under the dash and look for signs of water leaking into the fuse box an causing problems.

crunch

wrench
You may have to find a good dealer to reprogram it for you.
PFD below.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Charlesmac

:thx Jim & Crunch, thanks much, checked all the grounds, every thing checked out good, so contacted Ford Dealer, told them the problem, and they replied sounded like the ecm needed programing, told them this was done last week by them when they installed a remanfactured ecm. so they told me to bring it to dealer and they would replace ecm and reprogram under warranty at no charge, so she went to dealer today. Again thanks to all you guys on Bat will let you know outcome, but sounds good to me.