02 Honda Civic P0340

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well after much fun on this thread,

I can only agree with bill and myself, scope it or leave it.

I am going to politely stop posting on this thread, we are back on full shift monday, not going to be easy but the team is strong, will pay for my up north vacay though.

I hate being the guy who says I told you so, but this is really starting 5g go there, so before my hotheadedness gets in the way of why I am here, I am bowing out, I am out of answers.

When I am out of answer's, I just say shyte. So, on this,

NickD

wrench
In electronics and this is a temperature related problem, would get a can of CFC's and spray it component to learn if it starts working again. But ding bats made this illegal. 2nd best is a can of choke and carb cleaner, also cools.

I have worked in many different areas of electronics, all required some form of test equipment, most important is a scope. In every area expect automotive, just replace every part with a know good part until it works.

Oh and charge for each part, whether it fixed it or not.

KbarC

Yes I am still alive. That elm 327 finally showed up yesterday. I guess it wasn't an "essential" item. Anyway, been playing with signal graphs and such today. So far everything seems good. and all signal at least within range except if I scan transmission, i get this....IMG_0798.PNG

billr

wrench
Staff member
Do I understand correctly; the engine live-data all shows up OK?

billr

wrench
Staff member
Nickb2 is our expert on the ELM327 stuff, you will have to wait for him regarding the trans display. It may help if you post exactly what SW you are using with that dongle.

In the meanwhile, have you run the engine and observed engine data cold/hot; before and after it craps out so badly? Something must be changing dramatically, even by PC command, to stifle the engine so badly. You should be able to see what is changing. The only exception is fuel pressure, you probably can't see that in live-data, will have to use a gauge.