'03 chevy Impala headlight plug corrosion

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, if my limited skills in kittenish got this, you, flew 45 or so FEET before hitting. That is mind out of control, amazed you can still f ing type.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Some times, I think the other nick tries, ;)

So, plz entertain me, what was the car you bought that actually scared you:cool:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
kicker, was a pos shyte pontiac 2.8l. When I finally extracted my self out, I had no clue, ppl were asking me what day it was, I just said I dont know, last thing I remember is falling on the highway like a sack of potatoes.

They said the ambulance is shortly coming, I asked why. I`m fine. They said no, you are not. That is when I understood THE impact. To this day, my buddies are still amazed when I put one in front of other. :eek:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I usually don`t believe in god, but I do remember just one last thing that went through my mind. I said, hold on, this is going to hurt. Basically, my mind just said `shyte> this is not going to end well. The three spoke steering was bent over, the bolts holding the seat to floor where gone. I climbed out passenger window, kiss myself, a check over so to speak, just to see if all my junk was still moving.

gullythumper

Well, since this headlight bucket is the one I had previously asked about condensation in, and it still gets it, even after I drilled a couple small "weep holes", and the CLR seems to be doing the trick, I'm going to wait until warmer weather and go to our local "U-pull-it" salvage yard, and look for another bucket that doesn't have the condensation. I'll buy the bucket and cut the plug lead off ( as long as IT isn't corroded) and fix it all at once.

gullythumper

Oh, and by the way, I'm glad I can be a small part in helping you maintain a straight life, by relying on you for help from time to time, nickb2.

NICKD, I'm only a couple years behind you, and have two blown shoulders, one which will possibly have to be replaced this year, an injured wrist that doesn't want to heal ( have to to to a sugreon to find out my issue and options), and a severely arthritic thumb knuckle. All have me in some degree of pain all day, make sleeping a bitch, and doing this work on my vehicles a real chore. Hell to get old!!

Sometimes I just can't do the things you advise me on, due to my shoulder mobility issues, but when I can, all of you give great advice and the results are always favorable.

NickD

wrench
Going in for more surgery today, wrap on my aortic artery is blocking blood flow to my kidneys. Ha every hear about fixing one problem and creating another, knew some engineers that fixed on problem and created ten new one.

Son purchased a rotating Christmas Tree stand, suppose to rotate a 7 foot tree weighing up to 80 pounds using a tiny 4 watt clock motor. Made in China using bare brass contacts, quit working for him. Legs were riveted in so you won't take it apart, just grind the pressed end of the rivets off, drill and tapped for an 8/32 screw to put it together again. Working again.

I hope to be home tonight, last time, ran into complications and was in the hospital for nine weeks, almost died from boredom, military was that way.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Oh, and by the way, I'm glad I can be a small part in helping you maintain a straight life
You, my internet buddy are instrumental to what I am trying to achieve,

again, last night, proof in pudding this works.

I went to play pool, won table, then felt pity, and guy asked to duke. I said no, and no, He brought forth cousins, brothers, gf's, and I just said, I am out of here going out for a smoke.

8, yes 8, transporters later, I did nothing wrong. Supervisor came by, said he is cool, he is working hard to be a better person. But when I saw the 5th interceptor, I was asking myself a few questions, 2guys per car, at the end, that is a lot of taxpayer money for a guy who just wants to go home after having a good stint at pool. I used to be on local tv, for, guess my other buddy didn't give him the message;).

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
This young man had no idea the can of worms he just opened for a simple game of angles.

Anyway, the jist of what I am trying to say to you is, YOU, once wrote to me something very personal, and I never forgot it. It has proven to be a very usefully tool. Probably wrote all of that wrong, ok, screw it, this site keeps me sane. When I ain't on here, I am doing other shyte I should not be doing, so simple math, told me, keep coming back, much like an AA meeting/ :)