03 MITSU GALANT

PEARL

4 cyl car
have not fully looked at veh yet, but during idle engine is bouncing all over the place, have the get a code out of it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . there is a engine light. . . . . . . anyone have any idea on things that go bad on these, i just viually looked under hood, did not see anything out of ordinary. . . . . . . did not check if plugs and maint has been done, but sounds like a sensor is out here. . . . . .
thanks

PEARL

Jim Fairbanks said:
If you can get the code # and post it back here it would help a lot. . . . Jim
code is P0302 MISFIRE #2 CYL

i did a rough inspection there is power going to injector, i swapped plugs with #2
#2 has a coil pack on top of that one.

Yours has the 2 coils...#1 and #4 fire off one coil and #2 and #3 fire off the other coil...I would think since you are only getting the one code for misfire on #2 cylinder it isn't the coil, but probably a bad plug wire or an injector problem...Are they the original wires?...you might try changing one of the plug wires and see if the code changes with it..Jim

PEARL

Jim Fairbanks said:
Yours has the 2 coils. . . #1 and #4 fire off one coil and #2 and #3 fire off the other coil. . . I would think since you are only getting the one code for misfire on #2 cylinder it isn't the coil, but probably a bad plug wire or an injector problem. . . Are they the original wires?. . . you might try changing one of the plug wires and see if the code changes with it. . Jim
jim thanks for the input. . . . . . .
if you look at a photo of the coil, you will see that the number 2 cyl has one of the packs on it, now whwn you pull out the pack, there is a plug wire end attached to it, i would assume that is not a once piece assy???

thanks again

If you buy a set of plug wires for it, you will only get 2 wires...I think you can order the boots for the coil pack, or they will come with the coils...Jim