04 Grand Am No Start, PCM, BCM?

JAZAuto

Regarding the 04 Grand Am, once the lock cylinder/Passlock module was replaced (it's one unit), the BCM had to be reprogrammed by the dealer with a Tech 2 scanner, (which I believe also connected to a security database through the internet). My Auto X-ray reads just fine now when I check the car. During this no-crank problem the code reader said it could not establish communication with the PCM.

KYBoi6979

I just had this same problem with same year/make/model. By reading all these comments, no need to go into great detail; after diagnosing from the smallest to greatest to eliminate whatever, when it come to checking under driver side where the PCM connectors are located,( not the blue connector but connector closer to break pedal) pin #23 which is the purple wire> which runs the under hood fuse panel and the crank fuse.
Pin #23 voltage 1.2> Crank voltage 10.3
Conclusion and final results after all of the above that's been discussed on this issue; HAD TO REPLACE THE PURPLE WIRE FROM UNDER HOOD CRANK FUSE TO PIN #23 DRIVE UNDER DASH PCM LOCATION. PROBLEM SOLVED

grcauto

I just had this same problem with same year/make/model. By reading all these comments, no need to go into great detail; after diagnosing from the smallest to greatest to eliminate whatever, when it come to checking under driver side where the PCM connectors are located,( not the blue connector but connector closer to break pedal) pin #23 which is the purple wire> which runs the under hood fuse panel and the crank fuse.
Pin #23 voltage 1.2> Crank voltage 10.3
Conclusion and final results after all of the above that's been discussed on this issue; HAD TO REPLACE THE PURPLE WIRE FROM UNDER HOOD CRANK FUSE TO PIN #23 DRIVE UNDER DASH PCM LOCATION. PROBLEM SOLVED
This is 12 years old.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Not really. A new user is letting us know that help provided here 12 years ago is still valid and useful today. It was a "thank you" to us and certainly a current event.