06 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel , trans searching , slipping ?

toolhawk

Ok when it rains it pours been on this site way to much lately ! 06 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel , 200,000 , trans fluid changed every 45,000 , Trans has a slipping , searching, hunting issue at 14-16 mph (2nd gear) only does it at this speed , can drive through it and not notice it , but when driving at this speed very noticeable , clutch unlocking and locking ? goes into next gear very nice without issues. Your thoughts. Thank You

billr

wrench
Staff member
No trouble-codes set?

kev2

wrench
only correct fluid has been used? not recently serviced?
You did SCAN - the key dance will NOT show all codes AND all codes will not set CEL.

Any other issues-
TPS is a suspect BUT I will add what I find Hoping BP reads this....

toolhawk

No Codes , Did I have It scaned,only right front speed sensor code ( abs , brake light issue ) now fixed, mopar fluid , last serviced 40,000 ago

bp042665

hunting nut
ok on the driver side there is a adjuster for the band you may need to adjust it
i go all the way in and then out 2 full turns this band is apply for 2nd gear

toolhawk

ok did this no changes , would adjusting this more or less be an option to see if it changes this issue ? Again thank you

Attachments

bp042665

hunting nut
you can adjust it up to 1 turn out just to see what happens but in most cases the band could be tearing off also if you can read live data check the gov pressure comand and the actual gov pressure

toolhawk

ok a few things , on way home to day on the freeway 65mph went to accelerate and nothing!! like it was in neutral , went back in gear and finished my drive , so slipped severely when went to kick down a gear , came home and adjusted it to 1 turn , now symptoms at 14 _-17 mph are gone but can feel a little something at 20mph but minor compared to what it was. so did I just buy a little time or not ? If I am looking forward to a rebuild what do I look for in a rebuild (what to make sure I get) This has been a very good truck and plan on keeping as long as possible really not interested in buying another diesel right now . Thanks

bp042665

hunting nut
well yes i think the band is starting to tare OK if you get it rebuild insist that they use a bullet converter also that they put a updated valve body or update yours and new electronics like solenoids and sensors