06 dodge ram 2500 actually compressor won't cycle

toolhawk

Ac selector on, was able to connect a new compressor( buddy has new in box) to truck connector ,clutch will not activate like it will with jumper. So not clutch I'm pretty sure , not getting Voltage to clutch.

Mobile Dan

wrench
Well system uses evaporator temperature sensor, AC system pressure transducer, a few associated fuses, and a HVAC control head. Does the control head do everything but engage the clutch? The control head uses buss communication to tell the TIPM what to do, so "Bob's your uncle", as they say Down Under...

kev2

wrench
Its not a KISS system.
As Dan mentioned multiple 'modules' & sensors involved SO you need a good scanner first to check for codes, then communication.
There are codes that will NOT turn CEL/SES on.

Regrouping:
When you command AC - you get NO clutch engagement.
When you jump AC clutch to Battery it works, clutch engages.
Is that a good description ?

toolhawk

FIXED, Pulled TIPM apart found some corrosion, cleaned up and working great!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So in essence, the bus control was always good, just a dragging/restrictive connector??

It's always good to know what exactly went wrong.

Thx for the fixed post even if the details are a bit iffy, head unit good, bus/mux line good, and typical dodge/mopar irish green got in the way.

Jneal1974

I just bought my truck it’s a 2006 2500 5.9 the ac has not worked. I can’t find any bad fuses with my power probe I only have 6.6 volts at the ac connector and I can apply 12 volts to the compressor and it engages. Is there a known issues that would only give the 6.6 volts or do I start tracing the wire and looking for an open? Thanks in advance

JackC

wrench
jneal1974: This site does not work at all well for added on posts on a different vehicle.

Start a new post with all the requested info and you will find some very good advice here. Sorry for asking you to repost, but you will be glad you did.