06 Honda Civic Sedan LXPower Locks

kfowler25

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Honda
MODEL: Civic LX
YEAR: 2006
MILES: 80K
ENGINE
: R18
DESCRIBE ISSUE....
Hoping someone can give me some advice. My Power locks started going out one door at a time. R Rear, R Front, now L Rear intermittent, and L Front iffy. The actuators are noisy, so I think they are going out too. The locks don't function using the remote key or the Power Switch. Could anyone give me some advice on how to trace this down? I am thinking it is a short maybe.

One morning, the CD button stopped working, and I have to push the FM Button to play CD, and for radio, the AM button cycles all bands. And, yesterday I retrieved code P 1682, without the Malfunction Indicator Light coming on.

Appreciate any insight you can give.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The only thing I found for a code P1682 civic, is a metering oil pump malfunction.

My data base won't give me flow charts for this code. So plz verify your info, or maybe a USA guy will chime in.

For other related problem that you asked about, definatley look for a bad ground.

Until then, I can assure you, I need proper info.

kfowler25

I am sorry, I reverified. It is a p1683. I will do that test tomorrow. Thanks for the picture! Not sure why it doesn't list an 06 Civic LX.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Here is a snapshot of my all data

I DO NOT see any civic lx

Here is another snapshot for idle relearn procedure. Screenshot (119).png Screenshot (118).png

Last edited: