07 Grand Cherokee 5.7Hemi, engine ticking

Hey all, used this site many years ago to fix a problem with my first jeep, now I'm back with one I JUST bought.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
5. 7L Hemi
17K miles

Today noticed with driver side window down and near obstacles (concrete divider, walls) a clicking sound coming from the car. It happens at acceleration, not at idle. drove by obstacles with passenger side window down and did not hear the noise. got home, walked around the truck while running and nothing real noticable.

Other sites have mentioned this issue, one referrenced a possible TSB related to the torque converter, don't know if it's applicable here.

Make: JEEP
Model: GRAND CHEROKEE
Year: 2007

Service Bulletin Number: 2101207
NHTSA Item Number: 10022416
Summary Description:
MIL ILLUMINATION WITH DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE P0741- TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE. *KB

Haven't gone to the dealer yet, haven't even got it inspected, do that tomorow. However, feed back on jeep forums is typical response is to claim it's normal with this engine and vehicle. Doesn't sound normal though, other than this (so far) I love the truck.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

kev2

wrench
let your dealer (warranty) look at it before going insane chasing new car noises,

Also the NHTSA "tsb's" are by our standard useless, some they make up others do not cross over -bad numbers- often too much time for us searching.

In your owners manual should be some info on service info and TSB's you can order....your dealer may also provide them (TSB's) ...

ALLDATA.COM is another resource for TSB's etc