08 crysler pacifica 4.0L ETB issues

wcadams

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. We had a 2008 Chrysler pacifica come in the shop with the throttle body light illuminating at times. Fault codes active after a short drive are
p2135 tps 1/2 correlation, p0221 tps 2 circuit performance, and stored p0223. All three codes were diagnosed as per Chrysler service manual with all the proper tools only to find all checks OK, swapped the throttle body with a known good one, had the pcm software updated which causes the light to illuminate more often now. I am suspecting a few wires shorted together or worst case a bad PCM? Just wondering if anyone has hit this issue and if so what was found to correct the problem?
Thanks

Jim Davis

I have not worked on one of those, but if I remember right, they have an accelerator pedal position sensor, like some toyotas, chevys and others have, on the gas pedal that is prone to get dirty connections, chafed wires and such, might give that a good look.

wcadams

thanks for your response I will check that. I know have the pcm pin-out box connected to the vehicle and tie-straped out of the way, my hope is to get the vehicle to act up and a code active so i can pull it in and do the voltage drop tests to try and determine what is causing this. So far after three 5 mile drives it won't act up, which kind of leads me to a poor pcm connection...
Lately they have been saying DO NOT put dielectric grease on pcm connections which this one has, maybe clean all the grease out and let them try it again? Thanks--Will