100$ keys

Having read NickD and his issue with keys... technology for technology sake ...
Why improve QUALITY when you can Dilbert -just add features.. An espresso port why not.

I have to add being old school had to actually prove I could operate a car.. Wish there were delete options for all this BS.

ABS - I was taught to PUMP brakes
CADI new wet brakes- I was taught to lightly apply brake to dry them
Anti skid/stability control - I was taught to SLOW down in inclement weather...
TPMS- check you tires yourself -
Anti Theft- where you live may be the issue,
Brake ign interlock- WTF, pay attention OR a little more room between the pedals

excuse the rant to much coffee

According to the owners manual, for anti skid/stability control to work you have to drive under 3.5 mph, or was that 35 mph. Can't make out if that is a speck or a decimal point. But either is quite low.

Commented to my wife this morning when putting the Cruze in first, the doors automatically locked, I feel very safe. Was frightened to death when backing out someone would break into our car. Now I am greatly concerned when walking around our neighborhood with no protection at all.

Was taught and tested when parking for my first drivers' license, to turn the wheels into the curb, put the transmission in neutral and apply the parking brake. If you do that today with a locking steering wheel, will never leave, that sucker will be jammed hard. Still pushing on hand over hand steering, not that easy with big hands and with a steering wheel only two turn from stop to stop, have to use your finger tips.

Already got an email from OnStar that my tire pressure is okay.

If you are an idiot and run over your own idiot kids playing behind your vehicle while starting it, actually doing the world a big favor.

Still haven't found a scenario where ABS is helpful, but they certainly increase overconfidence with the ignorant when you see them fly through red lights or stop signs. For most, a very expensive repair, and do they prevent your service brakes from operating.

Or how about $67.94 times four or $271.76 plus tax for four new tire valve stems that use to cost about 75 cents each.

You would only change the TPMS if there was a problem...
I believe there are seal kits if a leak is the issue...

Yes, the seal kit is much cheaper. You would only need to change the TPMS sensor assembly if it was damaged or if the battery is dead. Or if the valve core gets stuck with corrosion and splits the valve stem or when they try to remove the core the ears snap off. They make the stems out of really cheap aluminum that doesn't take much stress to break.

Ford_Dude

I laid out exactly $16,858.23 2012 2LT with only two options, a front license plate bracket and the leather interior. That did also include 5.5% sales tax on the list price of the car my crooked state charges before GM Card and other rebates, plus the title and new license tags.

Just the tires according to my dealer would be $740.00 with mounting and balancing, adding another 271.00 bucks for new valve stems and another 170 buck for two sets of keys. Adds up quickly to 1,250 bucks that is already 7.5% the price I paid for it.

Now really won't go very far with four tires with valve stems and two sets of keys. Rims are not included. Now if I toss in a big ticket item like the ABS module and control, that another thousand bucks or 15% of the cost I paid for it. Just parts, no labor. Adding a few more big ticket item, would soon hit what I paid for this thing.

Just saying over my 60 year history of buying car parts, just entirely outrageous today. At one time, was cheaper to buy all the parts and put the car together yourself, least you know it was done right.

If the car has valve stems on it, why would they need to be replaced ? I am not sure what style of valve stem this new chevy uses. It could be the metal bolt in valve stem, or the rubber stem with the sensor bolted to the bottom. Are you saying the car has the option of having ABS ? I thought that newer cars were required to have traction control systems and therefore have ABS. Or are you looking down the road to future repairs ?

Ford_Dude

ABS at any new car I looked at is standard equipment now, even the cheapest ones, also plenty of air bags, Cruze has ten of them. Get my kicks from looking at replacement costs, makes me take better care of it.

If I add the price of a replacement manual transmission to that very short list of parts, already at 30% the price I paid of it.